Sleep is a top priority for every baby out there. This makes cribs an essential part of your household furniture. And if you are expecting twins, the best cribs for twins become a necessity.
As an expectant mother, you might be wondering whether it would be a good idea to have your twins share a crib or each have their own. It is common knowledge that twins take up a lot of space so, it stands to reason that cribs made for twins will take up even more space. Compare the features of the top products that I have reviewed on this guide to select the best.
Comparison of 6 Best Cribs For Twins in 2019
|Name||Weight||Body material||Finish||Style||View on Amazon|
|DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib||56 pounds||Wood||Espresso||Crib||Check Price|
|Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed||38 pounds||Wood, cherry, oak||Ebony||Crib||Check Price|
|Dream on Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib||20 pounds||Wood, cherry||Cherry||Crib||Check Price|
|Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet||29 pounds||Metal, plastic||–||Bassinet||Check Price|
|DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed||34.5 pounds||Wood, cherry||Espresso||Crib||Check Price|
|DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed||38 pounds||Wood, cherry, oak||White||Crib||Check Price|
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 6 Best Cribs For Twins in 2019
- 6 Best Cribs For Twins Reviews In 2019
- Tips for using and maintaining cribs
- How to choose the best cribs for twins
- Final Words
- Top 10 Cribs for Twins In The Market:
6 Best Cribs For Twins Reviews In 2019
#1: DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
This has got to be the most popular crib out there. It is beautifully crafted from natural New Zealand pine wood. Its biggest selling point is its ability to convert from a crib to a toddler bed then a day bed and finally a full-sized bed.
With its toxic-free finishes and wood from New Zealand’s sustainable forest, this is an environment- friendly crib. It is even safe for the little ones to munch on.
What’s more versatile than 4-in-1 convertible crib? It’s amazing ability to convert from a crib one day into a full-size bed the next day is convenient.
- Made from 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood
- Phthalate and lead safe with its non-toxic finish
- Screened for over 10,000 chemicals and 300 VOCs- certified gold by Greenguard.
- Converts from baby crib to toddler bed, daybed and then finally to a full- size bed.
- 1-year warranty and meets U.S. CPSC and ASTM international safety standards.
All in all, this is a wonderful cribs for twins. It can fit two babies comfortably but you might consider buying two cribs instead of when the babies get older.
#2: Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
Unlike other cribs, this one has a lower profile which makes it easy to reach the baby. You will also enjoy the two adjustable mattress positions depending on the position you like.
One of this crib’s selling features is its ability to convert into a twin-size bed. So, when you buy it, you are not buying a crib but a bed as well.
- Converts to twin-size bed
- Includes 1-inch waterproof pad
- 2 adjustable mattress positions and low crib profile for easy reach
- Greenguard Gold Certified – screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals
- Meets U.S. CPSC and ASTM international safety standards
This is the perfect crib if you have a small space. You can keep it in your bedroom if you like, however, it won’t work as a bedside co-sleeper.
#3: Dream on Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
This cribs support frame has three different height settings. These are to accommodate your growing child.
This crib is available in a variety of earthy and warm tones and finishes. There are rich colors such as cherry which is muted and toned down and espresso, which lends its own elegance to a room.
The ingenious convertibility feature on this crib makes it a lifelong investment. This means you won’t have to but another bed for your child.
After your child is grown, you simply convert it to a twin bed.
- 4 in 1 convertibility
- 3 position adjustable mattress support system
- Twin size rail and bed frame (sold separately)
- Tested for lead and other toxic substance
- Structurally sound and stable with its ergonomic design
This crib is one of the most convenient ones out there. Your twins will fit perfectly in this crib.
#4: Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet
Removable bassinets make it easier to transition to a portable playard. It also comes with a carrier that makes transportation easier.
This pack n’ play with twins’ bassinet comes with airy mesh on all sides. This is means that there is enough ventilation for your babies’ comfort while sleeping.
- Comes with two cozy quilted bassinets for twins
- It has canopies to shield your twins from direct sunlight
- Comes with carrying bag for easier transportation
- The entire unit converts into a playard once the babies outgrow the bassinets.
- Removable, quilted mattress pad and side panels
- Has folding wheels
One of the reasons that most parents buy bassinets is that it enables co-sleeping. This is especially important for newborns who will have lots of mid-night feedings.
Also Read: Best Mom Planner Reviews And Complete Guide
#5: DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
You are guaranteed to save a lot of space with this classic mini crib from DaVinci. A mini crib is an attractive option when you have no space for a nursery and you need to fit it into a room with an older child.
If you are planning to take your twins out to meet their grandparents, you don’t have to worry about where they’ll sleep. This mini crib is the perfect solution; chances are the grandparents have already bought this in anticipation of your visit.
- Comes with a waterproof pad
- Converts into a twin bed
- Easy to reach due to its low profile
- Has two adjustable mattress positions
- Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards
I would recommend buying this crib for a small space. It is amazing for naps but it also means that the babies will outgrow it fast.
This is a good option if you are planning on buying a bigger size crib later on.
#6: DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
This is another hit from the DaVinci line. It has the same classic functionality that the DaVinci is known for. It has the same design as the Kalani 4-in-1 crib but now in smaller and more favorable mini crib.
This is a handy little crib which will not take up a lot of space in your home. It also conveniently converts into a twin bed.
With its classic white finish, this mini crib light up a room and it gives you the freedom to decorate the baby’s room as you see fit.
- Converts into twin bed
- Non-toxic finish which is phthalate and leads free
- Includes a waterproof pad
- 2 adjustable mattress positions
- Low profile for easy reach
This is an amazing addition to any baby’s nursery, especially those tight on space. Your baby will grow with the crib until such a time you have to buy a bed. Thankfully, that will be a few years to come, what with its convertibility feature.
Tips for using and maintaining cribs
- Your babies will spend a lot of time in their cribs. The first step you should take in ensuring your baby’s safety is its assembly. You should follow the manufacturer’s instructions very carefully.
- Always make sure that you use only the fitted bottom sheet for crib use. Make sure that it fits snugly so that it is not a suffocation hazard.
- Always keep the babies lying on their back in the crib to reduce chances of injury. This applies to both during short naps and sleeping for the night.
- It is advisable to use sleepers which are not as bulky as blankets when the baby sleeps in the crib. They are warm and comfortable and safe as babies cannot get tangled up in them.
- Clean the cribs and bassinets regularly by using a wet cloth and detergent to gently wipe the cribs and the parts of the bassinet that are not covered.
- Whatever you do, do not use the baby crib for longer than it is necessary. If the child outgrows the crib, switch to a bed.
How to choose the best cribs for twins
Crib shopping can be strenuous especially if you don’t know what you are looking for. There are so many brands out there, each with different features that you don’t know where to begin.
Don’t stress yourself over all that, it’s not good for the babies. That’s what I’m here for. Here are a few tips to help you:
Consider the space you have in your nursery for the cribs. If you have a small space, I would recommend that you get the mini crib for twins.
Some mini cribs also come with wheels to be rolled around the house. Others collapse and fold which makes it easier for storage.
You might even consider corner cribs for twins as they take up less space too. There are other space-saving cribs for twins too.
A good mattress will go a long way in making your baby comfortable and cozy. Invest in a good and durable mattress because your babies will sleep in the cribs for up to 3 years.
There are few types of mattresses. We have foam, innerspring and organic mattresses.
Foam mattresses– generally light, they come in a variety of sizes of thickness ranging from 3-6.
When buying a foam mattress, look for a heavy one which is firm and resilient when pressed.
Innerspring mattresses- these are basically coils covered in fabric or foam or padding. These are more durable and heavier and generally more expensive.
Organic mattresses– made from natural, organic materials such as wool, cotton, natural latex, plant-based form and even coconut fibers, these can either be foam or innerspring mattresses. These will definitely cost you a pretty penny but it is worth it in the long run.
You don’t want your crib to be wobbly; you want one that will stand firmly on the ground. Before you buy a crib, give it a good shake and see if it rattles or is rickety. If it does, it’s probably not sturdy enough.
With all these tips, picking the best baby cribs for twins can still be a hassle. There are still more factors to consider before finding the crib that best suits your needs.
We have all the types of cribs and bassinets for your babies’ needs. If you’d like to co-sleep with your baby, there’s the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet for you.
Babies need all the sleep and rest they can get and they will spend more time in cribs than anywhere else. So, make sure that you find a sturdy and comfortable one.
Find the one that has the best features and will give you good service. I would also highly recommend the DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib. The features are incredible and come at a competitive but reasonable price. The 4-in-1 convertibility and its 3-different mattress heights make it a clear winner. The crib is finished in rich, warm and earthy tones which give the baby’s room a nice and warm ambiance.
At 56 pounds, it is on the heavier side which could easily mean that it is sturdier than most of the other cribs out there. Your baby is guaranteed to sleep in this crib for a long time before he/she can outgrow it. And even if the baby outgrows the crib, there’s still the option of converting it into a full-size bed. This is a good investment in the long run as you won’t have to spend more money buying another bed too soon.
Top 10 Cribs for Twins In The Market:
|1||2in1 Rocking Bassinet...||from $159.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Ganz Serenity Lamb With Crib...||$26.00 from $17.03||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Abreeze Baby Bassinet for Bed...||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Delta Children Emery 4-in-1...||$189.99 from $111.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Dream On Me 2 in 1 Lightweight...||$99.00 from $89.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Overcrest Portable Beach Pop...||$39.00 $38.99||Buy on Amazon|
|7||hiccapop Convertible Crib...||$37.92||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1...||$379.00 from $378.99||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Dream On Me Addison 4 in 1...||$162.99 from $129.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2019-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API