6 Best Baby Humidifier in 2018- Expert Reviews and Guide
A baby humidifier offers protection from the dry air. For example, during winter, the indoor air inclines to be dry. It, in turn, results in the baby having a sore throat, a stuffy nose and sinuses. A baby`s immunity is low, so they fall victim more often. It necessitates one to get the best baby humidifier.
A humidifier augments moisture that creates ideal breathing conditions. Your baby can then breathe comfortably eliminating the stuffy noses and sinuses. Furthermore, the humidifier also alleviates the baby`s irritation such as red patches as a result of dry skin.
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best Baby Humidifier
- Best Baby Humidifier Comparisons
- Recommended 6 Best Baby Humidifier Reviews
- #1. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
- #2. Anypro Cool Mist Humidifier – Ultrasonic Humidifier Super-Quiet Mist Humidifiers
- #3. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- #4. Vicks Filter-free, Ultrasonic, Visible Cool Mist Humidifier
- #5. Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier
- #6. MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Final Verdict
A baby humidifier produces a rhythmic noise that tends to be comforting for the baby that may also serve as a lullaby.
How to Choose the Best Baby Humidifier
The challenge lies in determining which humidifier is best for baby. Below are aspects to consider while selecting a baby humidifier.
One can tell the effectiveness of the humidifiers through its capacity strength and duration.
Capacity- capacity should be considered if one looks to use the humidifier throughout the night. A baby humidifier with less capacity requires occasional refilling.
Strength- The strength is how well the humidifier raises and maintains the humidity levels. The best humidifier for baby has to have maximum output strength.
Duration- Duration and capacity are somewhat intertwined. The bigger the size, the higher the period the baby humidifier operated. Baby humidifier, however, allows alterations in a way that if you need the baby humidifier to last longer, you can set a low mist output.
Ease of cleaning
Some models recommend daily emptying while some recommend weekly recommend. We advise you to clean the humidifier daily to prevent microbes. Then on a weekly basis, thoroughly lean the humidifier using a small brush and cleaning solutions such ass diluted bleach or vinegar.
Ease of use
The best baby humidifier should be lightweight for easy portability while refilling. Also, it should be compact, and its footprint should be small to enable it to fit.
Most baby humidifiers produce bubbling sounds, which are quiet. However, baby humidifiers with evaporative products tend to be noisier since they need a fan. Choose the noise you, and your baby is comfortable around.
Choose a baby humidifier with features whose controls are easy to use. Features make the humidifier suitable for use even under different seasons. Choose a humidifier with features such as night light, and automatic shut-off timer and warm mist. It is best to choose a humidifier with a hygrometer to control mist output.
The shape and size of the baby humidifier determine how easy it is to refill. Choose a tank that can fits beneath the kitchen sink faucet for refills and cleaning.
Best Baby Humidifier Comparisons
|Product Name||Brand||Weight||Dimensions||View on Amazon|
|TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier||TaoTronics||3.53 pounds||8.1 x 5.3 x 11.8 inches||Check Price|
|Cool Mist Humidifier – Ultrasonic Humidifier||Anypro||1.34 pounds||8.2 x 7.1 x 7.1 inches||Check Price|
|MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Pure Enrichment||1.75 pounds||10.9 x 9.2 x 6.9 inches||Check Price|
|Vicks Filter-free, Ultrasonic, Visible Cool Mist Humidifier||Vicks||4 pounds||10.9 x 9.4 x 13.5 inches||Check Price|
|Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier||Aprilaire||1.28 ounces||16 x 10 x 13 inches||Check Price|
|MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Pure Enrichment||3.6 pounds||–||Check Price|
Recommended 6 Best Baby Humidifier Reviews
#1. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
This baby humidifier comes with settings for low, medium and high mist. Moreover, it has a nozzle with a 360-degree rotation to enable one choose the direction of output.
It has an LED display that indicates the level of humidity and operation modes. Also, it features a timer that sets the humidity level for 24 hours.
It has a reservoir filter that ensures the water is clean and fresh while in use. The tank has a large capacity that only needs refilling once. It has a handle for portability that makes it easy to refill.
It is lightweight and compact. It has black ribbons, white casing and a blue ocean tank that makes it stylish.
This TaoTronics humidifier keeps the utility bill low since its motor is 30Watts. Moreover, it comes with a one year warranty to cover for any malfunctions of the product that may arise.
It implements a silent mist making method; which is unlike evaporative humidifiers that produce fan-like sounds.
Its control panel has five buttons that offer each function. The buttons have labels that make it easy to operate. Using this command you can; can the humidifier on, vary the humidistat, choose a mist level, select an ultra-quiet mode, activate sleep mode by selecting the no-light style and start a timer.
- The microporous pad which filters the water to eradicate micro-organisms, calcium, and magnesium
- The reservoir has a capacity of one galloon thus minimum refills. It can then function more 15 hours while full.
- Makes very little or no noise
- In-built alarm that one can set
- The nozzle with 360 degrees improves circulation
- An LED screen that offers information concerning the level of humidity
- Comes with a filter
- One can turn off the LED light
- Notifies one when it runs out of the water. After it runs out of water, it stops functioning
- Works well with large spacious houses.
- Its Compact size makes it easy to refill
- The manual may be difficult to understand at first
TaoTronics cool humidifier stands out due to its ultrasonic air humidifier that does not need a fan for circulation.
#2. Anypro Cool Mist Humidifier – Ultrasonic Humidifier Super-Quiet Mist Humidifiers
Anypro cool mist humidifier can function for 36 hours when the tank is full. It is silent and has variable control settings that allow you alter the humidity level as per need. The mist comes out at the top thus one can position it in any direction.
Anypro mist humidifier is ideal for large rooms as well. The control settings determine the hours it functions, which are averagely 20 to 36 hours. The mist does not leave moisture, and it does not lead to condensed floors.
It has a night light that one can quickly turn on by pushing a touch sensitive key. The light is in different colors. It is neither too bright nor too dull, enhancing comfort.
It is hard to determine the quality of water. Since most baby humidifiers do not do well with mineral accumulations, Anypro recommends the use of distilled water only. Is makes it efficient and durable.
This humidifier allows the addition of essential oil through a cap found at the top of the humidifier. Caution; Remember, not to add the necessary oils directly to the water reservoir.
- Has timer settings
- Light night that is not too dull or too bright
- The power adapter is detachable
- Ultrasonic technology
- Stylish design
- Large water capacity hence not necessary to continuously refill
- Can be in use for an extended period
- Adjustable level of mist, as well as the direction of mist
- Nightlight is switchable
- Kids can knock over the humidifier. Consider locking the humidifier`s top compartment
Unlike other humidifiers with three settings (low, medium and high) in regards to humidity, one can vary humidity. Also, it contains a container where one can add essential oils to bring fragrance to the room.
#3. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The mystery humidifier is the best humidifier for sick baby since it MistAire recommends it for nurseries. The whispering sound it produces while in use and its soft glow at night has a soothing effect.
It is easy to operate and attractive.
It has a shut-off that is automatic when the water levels run low, or when one removes the tank for a refill. It is useful since the change in moisture level is noticeable after a while of using this humidifier. The mist nozzles, found at the top turns 360 degrees. Thus you can position it in the direction you desire.
The base is of non- slip material that holds it in position
Comes with a two-year warranty
It is stylish since it is sleek. It lacks a water filter. The water reservoir has a 1.5 L capacity. Using it under low mist settings guarantees you 16 hours of continuous usage
It fits rooms up to 300 square feet
- Tank capacity of 1.5 L
- Has an automatic shut off
- The humidifier has AC power, a user manual, and a cleaning brush.
- Ultrasonic technology
- Makes it simple to breathe and sleep.
- It is silent, and its light is soothing
- Best for middle size rooms
- One can place the nozzle in the desired direction
- It is small, compact and lightweight thus portable. Easy to refill too
- It lacks a filter. It, however, makes it easy to clean.
- It has only two settings, high and low for mist output. The low mode is mostly insufficient to humidify the whole room
- Challenging to find a suitable place for it
The humidifier comes with a brush. Use this brush to clean it with vinegar weekly to prevent accumulation of bacteria. Caution; it is not suitable to place it on a towel or carpet. It should be more than 6ft away from furniture.
#4. Vicks Filter-free, Ultrasonic, Visible Cool Mist Humidifier
Water in the tank goes to the base. A mist plate with high-frequency vibration then atomizes the water flow. After atomization, it is silently propelled to the mist outlet. The cool mist which is visible then mixes with dry air in the room that in turn raises humidity.
Vicks humidifier produces a mist which is cool and visible, that offers impermanent relief from congestion, cold and stuffy noses. The tank, with a 1.2 capacity can function up to 30 hours.
- Easy maintenance as it does not require filters.
- Removes minerals from water through a Protec Demineralization Cartridge
- Simple to use since the tank has a large opening that is easy to fill. Also, the humidity is variable.
- Comes with Vapo pads that offer more relief from coughs and cold.
- Visible mist and the tank is translucent to indicate the water levels
- Has a three-year warranty
- Quiet and relaxing
- The little vapor from the humidifier resembles fog. The mist does not produce heat that makes it fit for desert-like temperatures.
- It is adjustable
- Takes a short time to warm up
- Compared to other mist humidifiers, it uses less electricity
- Easy to clean.
- The humidifier lacks a filter, which is an advantage and a disadvantage. Water can contain minerals, which may damage the humidifier. Having a white film on the humidifier indicates metals. Using distilled water may resolve this issue quickly.
- Purchasing distilled water can be expensive. Also, buying a water filter may tend to be costly.
Vicks cool mist humidifier does not support the addition of essential oil. The tank is only for water. CAUTION; Addition of essential oils may damage the humidifier. Also, it makes the three-year warranty void.
#5. Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier
Aprilaire is a small, compact, affordable humidifier for large houses. It is suitable for3000 square feet houses. Its features are modern, as it offers both manual and automatic controls. It has numerous sensors that accurately control humidity.
Aprilaire has been in the humidifier market for long, making this the best type of humidifier for baby since the Aprilaire Company has experience.
If you are installing a baby humidifier for the first time, the process may be a bit complex. The Aprilaire humidifier installation is to the circulation system as well as the thermostat. Also, it has a temperature probe that leashes the outside.
Installation by professions may be costly but worth it. The company does not offer warranty for installations done by an individual.
Being a flow-through humidifier, it needs annual maintenance. This maintenance involves yearly replacement involves replacing the water panel and water line system. It ensures detection and replacement of worn out parts.
It stands out as a flow-through humidifier. It means it does not have a reservoir but instead delivers water to the water panel. Extra water then drains. The drain, however, does not show, consider checking the drain regularly.
To reduce consumption, minimize the water flow to ensure water does not drip. Also, for maximum efficiency, source the humidifier with hot water. It is the best warm humidifier for baby. The warm water, in turn, evaporates more moisture that minimizes the need for turning on the humidistat. Pediatricians encourage and suggest warm humidifiers since the warm air kills germs and viruses.
The humidifier is durable and proper maintenance enhances its shelf life. The annual maintenance is related to its durability. For example, accumulation of calcium and mineral may end up clogging the humidifier that may make it wear out fast.
- Includes manual and automatic controls
- Covers a large area of 3000square feet
- Has a 3.0 water feed rate and has a 0.5 evaporative rate
- You can open the bypass damper for heating and close for cooling. One can mount this damper on either side of the humidifier.
- Easy to use and maintain
- Suitable for spacious houses
- High initial cost of installation due to the involvement of professionals. Failure to involve professionals at this stage may result in one losing the warranty.
Aprilaire 500 is the best choice for those looking to humidify the whole house. The annual maintenance is convenient for people with a busy schedule. Make sure the humidifier is installed by professionals to uphold the warranty.
#6. MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The humidifier applies ultrasonic technology that offers between 10 to 24 hours of continuous use. It has a knob to vary mist. It makes it comfortable to use. One can also modify the mist output, to either dual or single, which makes it ideal for the best humidifier for baby room. Moreover, while functioning, the humidifier is silent, causing the baby comfortable during sleep.
It has an optional night light which is soothing, good for the baby and comes in various colors. The shut-off is automatic, especially when the water levels run low or when one takes out the water tank. Spacious water reservoir that is 1 gallon, this eliminates the need to refill regularly.
- The shut- off is automatic
- The humidifier is powerful and offers soothing aesthetic aspects
- Has a night light which is optional and comes in various colors
- The nozzles are adjustable to either a single or due mist output
- The box comes with a water tank, humidifier base, double and single mist nozzle, cap for the water tank, a cleaning brush and power cord.
- Easy to use and cheap since it does not need distilled water
- Compared to the previous humidifier, it is easy to install
- One can vary the mist output
- Has a large reservoir tank that eliminates frequent refills
- The shut-off is automatic.
- Some users report malfunction after a period. However, it comes with a warranty that covers you.
It is the best-rated baby humidifier with 73% giving a five-star rating
The question what kind of humidifier is best for baby to remains. The product reviews have their specs that distinguish them. Choose one that bests suits your needs. Mostly, we consider purchasing a humidifier for the baby. It makes the Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier best baby humidifier since in this list; it is the only warm mist humidifier that kills germs, unlike the cool mist humidifiers. Also, it effective, efficient and durable; though the initial installation is high, the maintenance is cheap.