Careers at Woot!
It’s not just a job – it’s paid employment.
You’re tired of judging us from afar. Today you want to judge us from within! So if you think you can sell things, buy things, process things, repair things, and accomplish all those other tasks for which we require human involvement… take a look at the open positions below. If you feel lucky, qualified, and brave enough to take a giant step towards crap… click on the link below the job description and see what happens next!
PS: Employees can’t buy Bags of Crap off the website. Just in case that makes you think twice about applying.
Inventory Planner (Woot Services, LLC, Carrollton, TX)
Like a mother cat that has adopted a baby duckling, the job of Inventory Planner is one that nature did not mean a human to take. In truth, you’ll be doing a job that’s better suited for a robot. So why can’t a robot do it? Because robots are stupid.
Look, you’ll be responsible for administrating the purchase order process. You’ll be generating them, coordinating them, passing information back and forth between the buying team and the vendors and the fulfillment centers. You’ll be over here with inventory control, over there with merchandising teams, and yet still be forced to keep one eye on the baby duck that will be your responsibility. And will the inventory thank you? Even one little quack of gratitude? Face it. Being a mother cat is a thankless job.
In this job, you’ll learn: that having a tail really would help out around the office.
Intangible benefits: It’ll look super cute when your inventory follows you around the office with tiny waddles. Awww.
Potential hazards: only if the robots hear that you’ve been calling them stupid. Oh, man, if they ever figure out what that word means, you’re SO in for it.
If Woot were a superhero team, you’d be: the one who gives up their secret identity to protect and coordinate the supplies desperately needed by a small village that soon adopt you as their own. Hey, don’t laugh. It’s happened more than once in comic books.
Worst part of the job: basically your job is an escort mission, but with inventory instead of a video game NPC. If you just felt a shudder, maybe you should re-consider applying.
Make sure you bring: a secure and sealed box, if you plan to bring a duck and a cat to work with you. You know what? Maybe you should just leave your duck and cat at home.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to make things happen by independent decision-making without immediate supervision or direction
- Ability to thrive and multitask in an entrepreneurial, unstructured work environment
- Prior experience in retail/online buying or planning role(s)
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding performance objectives
- Strong sense of urgency as well as effective problem solving skills
- Proactive attitude with the ability to react to unforeseen situations
- Team player
- Must have a strong worth ethic, high energy and enthusiasm
- Can self-start and maintain a positive, upbeat attitude
- Able to adapt to change
- Strong database, computer skills, Microsoft Navision and SQL.
Sr. IT Support Engineer (Woot Services, LLC, Carrollton, TX)
If you start every sentence with “Technically…” then YOU might be the person we’re after! If you’re so into exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy you make a UN ambassador look like a loose cannon, YOU might be the person we’re after! If you’re so passionate about operating in extreme high-pressure situations that you once considered working below sea level, YOU might be the person we’re after! And, finally, if you’re so into PC imaging and repair, network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department that you doodle PCIAR-NEAT-PM-SAIAVOSAHE-RCAIPS-AIMTDAOTD on your notebook while daydreaming during staff meetings, YOU might be the person we’re after! And if you don’t do all that, well, who can blame you? But we might still be interested anyway, so give it a shot.
In this job, you’ll learn: the difference between stakeholders and steakholders. One is invested in the project. The others would like you to get out of the way so they can serve people their meat.
Intangible benefits: Only if you make friends with the steakholders. Then maybe they can hook you up with hot yeast rolls or something.
Potential hazards: Once you learn how to anticipate bottlenecks, you’ll never be able to pass a cooler of beer without feeling nervous.
If Woot were a superhero team, you’d be: one of those supporting characters who help the hero figure out what the clues mean. Con? You’ll never really get your own book. Pro? You’ll almost never get in a fist-fight with the bad guy.
Worst part of the job: when you fill up on yeast rolls and then the steakholder brings your meat and you’re like “Aaaa, I can’t eat this now, why did I fill up on bread?”
Make sure you bring: a successful track record. You know, like Chariots Of Fire or something. That record went to #1 in 1981. It doesn’t get more successful than that.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
- Experience working with and managing Android OS devices
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills / certification
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Woot Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.